Sleep Disorders Community
sleep and heart problems
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sleep and heart problems

the second i fall asleep it feels like my heart stops or racing and feels like i stop breathing like every time i fall asleep every night please help me i just want to give up
Related Discussions
1355118_tn?1298568479
Hi, welcome to forum, there are many possibilities of palpitations (loud heart beats). Whenever there is increased load to heart leads to palpitations. Anxiety and stress, low blood sugar, hyperthyroid state, cardiac abnormality etc. may cause palpitations. If associated with chest pain there can be a possibility of pericarditis.  

You can firstly take general measures like quit coffee, smoking (if present), tea, alcohol, heavy meal which can trigger blood pressure and cardiac load leading to palpitations. Get an ECG after food, blood sugar, thyroid status and even echocardiography may be needed.

Go for physical (cardio) and mental relaxation exercises regularly, it will help. Obstructive sleep apnea is the condition in which person suffers from breathing difficulty in sleep. Some causes are central alveolar hypoventilation syndrome and person
Experience a breathing impairment related to abnormally low arterial oxygen levels. Also if HB level is reduced amount of oxygen carrying capacity is reduced. You need to use loose clothes during night as tight fitting clothes do not give space for chest and stomach to expand during respiration.

I suggest you to consult physician for further evaluation. Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank