Sleep Disorders Community
sleep issues, sleep walking?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

sleep issues, sleep walking?

i'm 18 and lately i wake up and think i'm at work. my job is a hostess. and i will start talking out loud and think i'm working then get worried because i'm in my pajamas.once i even got out of bed and walked to my door talking to someone who wasn't there. is this sleep waking? its like i'm somewhat awake but so out of it. then i will wake up completely and be like what the heck its 2 AM what am i doing. then in the morning i wake up after getting good sleep and i just can't get out of bed. i just want to lay there, i dunno my mom said that wanting to stay in bed for longer is normal. what can i do to help get out of bed easier.
The account you provide is not classical of sleep walking as the patient of sleep walking is usually not aware or conscious of their actions/feelings. They are usually reported by the family members of the sleep walker. Nonetheless, it may happen so that you have brief episodes of sleep walking which are interrupted by spontaneous wakefulness. The spectrum of sleep walking is so  wide that it is hard to completely exclude this possibility though to me it just does not sound like sleep walking. Wanting to stay in the bed is common but if you feel tired and do not feel fresh on getting up or tend to have day time somnolence, it may suggest that you are not able to get enough quality sleep. All these might be related to high anxiety levels and working in a profession like yours where you might be travelling in different time zone frequently. You could try simple things such as meditation, developing a sleep routine and avoiding tea/coffee/smoking at bed time. If these problems continue to persist, you may want to seek a specialist opinion.  
hi,
It could be sleep walking, but i also feel you are under a lot of stress. Relax and there is no harm in enjoying a little extra time in bed.