Aa
A
A
Close
sleep paralysis lead to insomnia?
when I was a child I suffered from sleep paralysis (Never even knew it had a name until I was in my mid twenties) For those of you who know what that is, you must know how terriffying it is! but mine always started w/ a certian noise and there was always some kind of "creature/monster "lying on my chest As I got older I recognized the "noise/music" seemed familiar~ kinda like the windshield washers of moms old Ford Fairlane or my grandma's old portable washing machine when it was spinning to rinse out the clothes before she ung them. ( there is nothing right about that unless you are camping)O I forgot the most important part, I am awake> I see sisters sleeping,clocks,etcx......
    Anyway, I learned to control it, because I realized everytime I heard that noise, I knew what was coming. Some how tht works for me .Once in a while I hear it, but I can shut it off.
            wow! question is I NEVER SLEEP! Is there a connection?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
How are you? Sleep paralysis is a period of inability to perform voluntary movements either at sleep onset or upon awakening. This may lead to insomnia if not controlled.  If you experience this at least once a week for 6 months, medication may be used. Having a good sleep hygiene may also help. This include: getting enough sleep, reduce stress,  exercise regularly and keep a regular sleep schedule. Take care and best regards.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources