Sleep Disorders Community
sleep paralysis lead to insomnia?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sleep paralysis lead to insomnia?

when I was a child I suffered from sleep paralysis (Never even knew it had a name until I was in my mid twenties) For those of you who know what that is, you must know how terriffying it is! but mine always started w/ a certian noise and there was always some kind of "creature/monster "lying on my chest As I got older I recognized the "noise/music" seemed familiar~ kinda like the windshield washers of moms old Ford Fairlane or my grandma's old portable washing machine when it was spinning to rinse out the clothes before she ung them. ( there is nothing right about that unless you are camping)O I forgot the most important part, I am awake> I see sisters sleeping,clocks,etcx......
    Anyway, I learned to control it, because I realized everytime I heard that noise, I knew what was coming. Some how tht works for me .Once in a while I hear it, but I can shut it off.
            wow! question is I NEVER SLEEP! Is there a connection?