Sleep Disorders Community
sleepless nights

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

sleepless nights

No matter what time I go to bed, I wake up every hour. I get up with headaches and more tired than when I went to bed. During the night I have headaches, sore throat and awful taste and dry mouth. I spend most the night going to and fro to the toilet This has been going on for over a year now.I am just so tired and feel ill all the time. What could be causing this problem an how can I stop it
You didn't mention when you had your last full physical check-up, a good place to start and take along notes about the details of your sleeping problems.  

The dry mouth could be caused by nasal congestion, not breathing through the nose.  Breathing trough the nose is important for good rest and general health... the nose and sinuses are not just one way to breath, it is the way were were "designed" to breath.  A lot goes on in the sinus and nose besides passing air.

You also didn't mention age, if a senior male getting up to pee is a common problem of male aging - prostate enlargement, even in the absence of cancer.
Hi I am a 49 year old female. I suffer with asthma, high blood pressure, osteo -  arthritis and depression, however I am sure the lack of sleep is not helping with the depression as I am so tired and emotional all the time.
When I do sleep I feel like my brain is still constantly on the go and wont shut down
Okay, not the prostate.  How long has this specific problem with sleep been going on?  Is it seasonal, i.e., now in the winter, or this is the first time...

I take your response to say you do not have nasal congestion, is it possible you breath through your mouth anyway.  Sitting here typing I check myself, my mouth is closed and I'm breathing only through my nose.  Sure, if talking mouth breathing will take place.  But, I have problems with congestion when trying to sleep, that's what brought me to this community.  I also use a moisturizer mouth rinse, it helps a little with dry mouth, but breathing though my nose helps more.

Are you in cold part of the world, lots of heating this time of year?  Is the humidity high enough?