Sleep Disorders Community
sore hips/thighs when waking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

sore hips/thighs when waking

I am a 23 year old male.  I often wake up with a sore hip and thigh (on the side of my body I was sleeping on).  The sore feeling goes away after I get up, but it is uncomfortable enough that I have to roll over to the other side if I want to go back asleep.  Does anyone know what this is? Am I perhaps clenching my hip muscles in my sleep?
It does sound muscular maybe also what they call a pinched nerve.is your mattress comfortable as a hard one can hurt.some people.
I've had the same problem after sleeping in completely different beds.  I'm not sure whether the mattress in my bed is soft or hard, but it's old and sagging.  Should I try a softer mattress or a firmer mattress?