Sleep Disorders Community
temporary saliva production

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

temporary saliva production

This occurred a few years ago, during the day or night i have no trouble with saliva production even as i sleep, the only time i have trouble is once i wake up. It was never really annoying enough for me to go on a crazy streak to find answers but it would sure be nice to fall back asleep if i wake up in the middle of the night.
after about 2 hours of sleep, give or take, once i wake up i will have faster than normal saliva production, which can only be stopped if i eat something "chew gum, a pinch of cereal, really anything as long as it makes contact with the majority of my mouth" with that being said I've ran into having half my mouth fine and the other still producing "if i didn't have enough to engage in the entire mouth" water doesn't work and honestly haven't tried anything like soda but besides that, help!