Sleep Disorders Community
tongue out?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tongue out?

why do i sleep with my tongue slightly sticking out? about 2 months ago i had to train myself to sleep flat on my back, or my shoulders and neck would hurt so badly the next day that i couldn't function. (i have severe disc herniation, spinal stinosis, and nerve damage.) my spouse and i noticed about 3 weeks ago that every time i'm sleeping (day or night) my tongue is sticking out, it isn't uncomfortable in anyway, and it doesn't seem to dry my mouth or tongue out. but i'd still like to know why this is happening, and is there anything i can do to stop it? also, will it eventually mess up the alignment of my teeth if it continues?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Check to see if its because of snoring or if any nasal block is causing your symptoms. If persistent, consult your dentist, a mouth guard may help.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
thank you, i don't snore at all, unless extremely sick and stuffed up. i should try to get to a dentist, but my insurance doesn't cover it at all... no regular doctor can give a mouth guard right? are there any alternatives? thank you so much for the response!! i really appreciate it!
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You will need to consult a dentist for an assessment, before you buy the mouth guard. He will look for any jaw abnormalities or teeth misalignment. Then he may suggest appropriately.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank