Sleep Disorders Community
tonight i cannot sleep.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

tonight i cannot sleep.

I am very strange.  maybe my depression.  but for about 3 days I couldnot get enough sleep.  but now I will go for a few days where I stay awake and cannot go to sleep.  wish I knew a cure for this.  guess that goes with old age too. I also have a very bad headache.  mandy876
I wanted to add  I have night sweats nearly every night.
Sorry to hear!  You headache is probably due to not getting enough rest.  I also have sleep troubles...  My doctor recommended an OTC Melatonin to help but I would contact your doctor to see if it would be ok for you to take.  It does help with falling asleep.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As suggested the headaches could be due to lack of sleep. The night sweats and headaches could also indicate an infection. An evening rise of temperature can cause night sweats. And headaches are common with viral fevers. So, check with your doctor to rule out these possibilities. In the meantime, relax and stop thinking about sleeplessness, as this promotes insomnia. And take OTC Acetaminophen, this may help with the headaches and the fever if present. Take Care.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
thank you.  last month the doctor ran a bunch of blood tests he said that everything was fine.  I should be getting close to the time to have my mammogram and my bone density test.  the family issues are not good very dysfunctional.  I don't know what to do anymore.  my daddy died I got cancer then my hubby died and then my moms alzeimers got worse.  I moved her in my house where I took care of her until she died.  I loved them so much especially my mom.  we got so close when she lost daddy and I lost my hubby.  we talked on the phone 3 or 4 or more times a day, I miss them and I still have a big hole in my heart.  if my mom and dad hAD lived they would be 100 years old.  my mom was 97 when she left me.
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of ur loves ones!!  I know that probably took an emotional toll on u mentally & physically.  That could be a part of your sleep issues too.  I lost my father almost 3 years ago and that was the hardest thing to go through, loosing a parent isn't easily accepted!  My grandma is struggling with dymentia now and it is very tough to watch her go through it!    I hope everything works out for you and jus think about all the great memories u have of them am remember their watching over u!
thank you.  I am glad there is other people who love there parent so much too.  my mom and I was very close in my older years o could see I looked just like her. my sis and I was 6 years apart  she was never lose to me.  I was the little brat in her way.  I was a very shy child.  I wonder now if I didn't have something wrong with me then.  I don't think I could hurt anymore than I already have,  I don't allow myself to get close to anything.  I know nothing lasts long.