Aa
A
A
Close
trouble falling asleep, help
i am currently taking .5 mg of klonopin twice daily for panic disorder.  however, i've been having difficulties falling asleep.  like, for example, i lay down at 10:30 p.m. and it's now  6:22 a.m. and i've gotten no sleep.  almost every night, it takes at least 2-3 hours (or more) to fall asleep.  is there a medication that will help me sleep?  please, give me any input.  thanks.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
368886 tn?1466238884
Hello.

One mg of Klonopin in a day should have been sufficient for a good sleep. But it seems your body does not respond to Klonopin as far as the sleep is concerned. I would suggest you try the sleep hygiene first.

You should have a quiet and dark room. There should be no distractions. Use your bed only for the purpose of sleep (and ***, of course), but strictly no reading books, watching TV or surfing the net while you are on your bed. Drink enough water through out the day. Do a little bit of exercise each day.

If all these fail (after a fair trial), I suggest you try Ambien CR. It has been proven to give 7 hours of sleep.

You also need to consult you physician for the sleep problem.

Regards
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources