Sleep Disorders Community
trouble
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

trouble

k i have a bad  bad case of insomnia grant it i work at nite but i just dont really sleep. the doctors have given me ambien and that put me to sleep but i have not stayed asleep on it... is htere any other ways of curin this?
Tags: Insomnia
Related Discussions
  • medication (9 replies):
    Iam new :0) I was wondering if anyone has heard of a d...[more]
Hello.

It will help if you could just mention if the insomnia is since a very long period. There are a lot of other treatments, apart from the medicines.

Ambien is good for sleep. But it gives you only about 5-6 hours of good sleep, in patients of mild to moderate insomnia.

I would rather have you find out the cause for your insomnia. As you work in the night, you might be suffering from "Shift work sleep disorder". The normal cycle of sleep and wakefulness is disturbed.

You could modify your lifestyle to suit your night time work. Observe Sleep Hygiene. Please avoid drinking too much coffee in the night in order to concentrate on work.

Also, get a regular exercise schedule running. Moderate exercise flushes out the toxins in the body, and helps regulate a lot of body systems, including the sleep system.

All the best.
Please feel free to ask any further queries on this.

Regards
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank