vivid detailed fascinating being lost dreams
I have very vivid detailed dreams where I feel I am in an altered universe which only I am aware of.  The dream will seem normal but then switch to where I sense that I am seeing things that others do not see.  I often try to tell some other person in the dream with me about what I am sensing and will ask them questions about whether or not they see the same thing that I see.  
They are never frightening.  Often they are so detailed that I am taken with what I am seeing.  When I wake up, I remember the details as if I have just seen a high definition movie.    Last night I seemed to be in some kind of castle like building and there were elaborate vaulted entrances with heavy doors and elaborate stonework surrounding the doors and vaulted ceilings with windows.  I am amazed that my brain can create such elaborate building with terraces and different levels and doorways that lead from section to section.  These rooms seem to go on for miles and often some special event may take place in one of the rooms.  Last night, for example I was with 3 other people and it seemed to be meal time and we were invited to this elaborate feast by a relative of one of these 3 people.  Again, so much detail and I am not aware of ever having seen these building in real life so I wonder how does our brain create all these images from nothing.?
Fourty years ago I participated in a dream therapy group and we kept journals and shared dreams and even had the leader of the group take up back into some of the dreams and bring them to a conclusion or we would play act out someone else's dream.  I shared a nightmare with the group at that time and the leader had me face the monster in my dream and I have not had a nightmare since then.  It was a very powerful experience.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Impressed to see your thought process and your enthusiasm in this field. Truly wish I could help you. But study on dreams is still abstract. A lot of studies are going on to study the importance of REM sleep, which is the dream phase of sleep. Psychologists generally agree that achieving the dream state of sleep is a critical element for maintaining good mental health. Conversely, depriving ones self from dreaming can cause a number of adverse health problems, including fatigue, reduced immune system efficiency, heart disease and mental health issues including delusions and severe cognitive reasoning deficits.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.