Sleep Disorders Community
wake up all hrs the nite with nite sweats

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

I been  having nite sweats for over 20 years sometimes real bad  ant sleep notes they wake me up
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hyperhidrosis is usually a genetic condition. It can occur without any identified reason. Night sweating is known to occur with certain infections like tuberculosis or sometimes due to disorders like lymphomas. It is aggravated by alcohol consumption and caffeinated beverages. Smoking is known to increase sweating. To prevent sweating, wear cotton clothes for proper ventilation, take baths with cold water, drink plenty of water and try to keep the room temperature at a lower level. Quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. If it persists consult your doctor for other treatment options like anti cholinergic drugs like ditropan and probanthine.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.