Sleep Disorders Community
waking 60 or more times at night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

waking 60 or more times at night

I was talking to my manger the other night about sleep. As I was working two jobs at the time and going to school and how was feel like I'm always tired. (was working at UPS during the day then going to school right after I got off the some nights going straight to White Castle ((my other job)) from there and working night shift. It was killing me not getting no sleep and my work was suffering because of it. I sometimes find myself  falling a sleep on my way home from working night shift. So I quit UPS hoping that would help out but I still have trouble sleeping.

He told me that I may have sleep apnea.. he said that what it sounded like from what i was telling him. (he would know he has sleep apnea himself..))

So last night, I decided to record myself sleeping to see if it was even remotely possible. I noted at least 61 times me waking or making weird noises...

Should I got see a doctor about this???
Tags: sleeping, waking, night shift
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

To begin with relax and give yourself more time to sleep. You should not keep thinking about sleeplessness, as this in turn promotes insomnia and it becomes a vicious cycle.

You should stop becoming anxious and try to relax. Condition yourself that you can relax and that you can sleep well.

Try yoga and meditation they have calming effects. Go for long stress free walks. Also, do exercise in the daytime this promotes good sleep.

If your symptoms persist or are troublesome consult your doctor for assessment to rule out sleep disorders.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.