Sleep Disorders Community
what could it be?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

what could it be?

my boyfriend would have this dream every night for about two weeks or so we would go to bed fall asleep. and i would hear him panting like as if it were hard for him to breath i would turn n he would kinda like move his head a bit. i would be so scared id shake him to wake him up. he would awake terrified asking me not to let him fall asleep its the scariest thing but he wouldn't tell me about it afraid it would happen again if he feel asleep. the next day he said he was being dragged across the floor trying to scream for his mom but nothing came out that whatever was dragging him was demonic. i didn't doubt him cause just seeing him at night panting scared me i didn't want him to sleep nor did i wanna sleep. i looked up recurring dreams it says something like he needed to change something in his life or he changed something? i don't really understand it cause it could be the fact that me n him watch a lot of ghost stories n stuff maybe it could be that but also stuff would happen in the room during the day like the door would be locked then suddenly open on its own maybe we didn't close the door right his sister would say? maybe so but me n him were both pretty sure we did. or what about the hanger that flew out of the closet? was it a trick of our minds? maybe ? maybe not or the scratching noises on the ceiling? cats maybe? one of the things that did come across our minds was it all could have been his dead brother  trying to get his attention? idk really it didn't make much sense could all this be related? i have never had anything like this happen both me n my bf are some what religious i do believe in ghost & stuff we have never been diagnosed with any kind of brain dysfunction  or any mental or health problems. he does not have these dreams any more i am happy to say.
Tags: dreams, ghosts, screaming with no voice, being dragged, unable to breath, demons, reocurring dream, Death
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

His symptoms of seeing things could be due to  sleep disorders “Nightmare” or "Night terror" disorders . Here the person experiences symptoms of bad, frightening dreams which interfere with his sleep schedules. This can be assessed by a sleep questionnaire and therapy is based on the severity of symptoms. Disorders related to dreaming could occur with REM sleep behavior disorders. Here the person acts out the dreams. A sleep study can further help in evaluation.

If the symptoms are interfering with his sleep schedules consult your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.