Sleep Disorders Community
why do I dream about people I don't even know?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

So I dreamed about something really weird and I don't kniw why. But I want to know what it means. I dreamed I was with most of my family, and some people i've never even seen before. There was this guy that looked around 21-22. I kind of liked him in the dream and was flirting with him, we were making out. But i don't even know who he is. I've never seen him before, i barely even remember his face, i find it really weird. But anyways, turns out he was trying to get in some other girls pants too. And later on he was sitting in the middle of my girl friends, some of my female family, people i don't even know and telling us how many girls he has played and everything.. Does this mean I will get played or something? I don't know, it was the weirdest dream i've had in months. I just cant explain it
Sounds like you are dreaming about guys being guys... sorry to say.  Now I'm an old guy, way over 20-something, so what do I now about 20 year old people?   I bet not much has changed since I was in my 20s other than society becoming a lot, a LOT, looser about sex.

I'm not asking, but if you don't have a "boy friend" you may just be dreaming about having one... or something else.. I don't see any deep meaning, but I'm not a dream analysis .. but I have a lot of "trouble mares" that upset me a lot.

I have looked into the subject of Lucid Dreaming (do a search on the web) and it may offer you ideas on how to approach and engage your dreams.
Thank you. & yeah, lucid dreaming scares me, i'm good! Haha
Sounds to me that you have a fear of or have been played by a guy.
I'm starting to think the same thing, i have been played..
Can I ask what lucid dreams are!  I am new to sleep disorders. For years I thought something else was wrong with me for the reason I am so tired. Found out I am waking up about 10 times a night. Anyhow, I too have dreams about people I do not even know and do not understand why. I am married for just about 6 years. The only thing I can come up with is...... My husband really is not the affectionate type, at all.  He was when we were dating and first married, now, nothing. So am I seeking affection from other guys in my dreams!
The person you see in your dreams is most likely someone you've seen on the street at some point. As for the rest of it, I'm not sure if it means anything