Sleep Disorders Community
why do i see things in the middle of the night?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Ok, so I have seem several things. I don't sleep well to start with. I sleep like 4 to 5 hours then wake up. This has been the same routine for almost 9 years. Well... one time I woke up and I turned over and I saw an upside down mountain of spiders. all black with teenie weenie small red eyes. There was like a string of webbing holding them u coming from the ceiling. One spider was hanging lower then all of the rest. They were over my boyfriends body. (i've never told him this) I rubbed my eyes and batted them a few times and they were still there. I just covered my head. counted to possibly 50 and removed the covers slowly and they where gone. Another time, my boyfriend and I had just moved into this apartment that we are living in now. The first night, I fell asleep comfortably, and woke up possibly around 2:30 or 3am, and there was a clown like puppet standing next to my bed, and as i stared at him he stared back, and then waved at me smiled and went up into the ceiling and disappeared. It was almost as if I could tell you the colors of what he had on yet he was transparent. with a bluish yellow-like thin light glow around him. My heart was beating uncontrollably. I was freaked out. Several nights I've seen other things in the middle of the night, just really weird. balloons floating, things like that. So Last night, I woke up and i saw something floating again, which I don't remember but i do remember screaming telling my boyfriend to look, and i freaked him out and hes kept saying where, i was like right there and it continued to go up through the ceiling again. He didn't see it and i saw it... and then he said you must be dreaming... I was like noooo I'm wide awake, i was upset that he accused me of dreaming because I knew i wasn't.  I just still want to know what is wrong with me, why do I continue to see these images???
Lack of sleep causes hallucinations. Try jotting them down include dates and the objects that you see.

You may be experiencing stress due to your lack of sleep. Your nine years of lack of sleep finally takes its toll. So, I suggest you try getting more hours.

So, first, try getting some more hours of sleep. I can see that you only have hallucinations at night, can't this may be a dream? More of a lucid dreaming. If it doesn't stop, (after more hours of sleep and still the hallucinations occur)try seeing a doctor.
I have been having similar things . But this is my story I am now 27 years old male who wear glases because I am a -10 on each eye . I have been wearing glasses since I was 10 years old. The thing is that when I was maybe like 16 years old one night I opened my eyes and saw like alot of wires of different colors all wrapped up and when I tried to grabbed it , then It slowly disapeared. Now similar things such as headphones and microphones have appeared and they all disapear slowly. I know for fact that is not real because been almost blind and then I like to sleep in really dark room, there is no way possible that I can see without glasses or my contacts on.So I just ignore it and continue sleeping like a baby. But last night I went to sleep and maybe woke up after 30 minutes and I saw this weird black and red floating thing at my door and the tv was on , I also forgot to remove my contacts . I was like wtf so I grabbed my Dishnetwork remote and threw it to whatever that thing was. But there was nothing there. So having this experiences for all this years , I have come to the coclusion that is just in my head. Now I do workout, eat healty, have a good sex life. I do smoke weed but I know it have nothing to do with smoking weed because I started smoking when I turned 21 and I have been seen this things before weed came to my life.It always seems to be some kind of electronics . I do music and work as a technician but all this started when I was 16 before I even thought of becoming a tech or doing music. So the only thing that I can say is wtf?? But well at least I can sleep like a baby!! In fact I have to go to bed! Good night !!!