Sleep Disorders Community
wide awake but feels like i am dreaming

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

wide awake but feels like i am dreaming

so i have usuaully felt this before but its gone away after one day of good sleeping. But right now i have been feeling like i am still alseep everything feels as if it is a dream. i do not know if ia m even doing this right here. i can not tell whats real and fake. i am not high. ive been high before and its not even lasted this long. ive actly stopped smoking so thats not even why. i need some help. its not helping me in school. i have no idea what i have learned today ugghhh
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

A lot of studies have been done to highlight the importance of sleep and its rejuvenating capacity. Sleep is required to heal; it causes regeneration of the neurons within the cerebral cortex. Prolonged sleep loss leads to episodes of ‘micro sleep’, where in the person has several seconds of actual sleep in between wakefulness, this leads to a decrease in performance and in turn behavior. The implications as such are many, micro sleep episodes are the commonest cause for accidents. So, please try to get adequate sleep.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Well I have been feeling like am in a dream but I am awake and I mean awake. On my birthday I had it. For the first time.me and my friends were about to go to sleep but then I felt like I was in a dream and the next week I slept overvmy friends house and it happened again. Now it happens everyday and today I had it 7 times.in school today.I atleast want to know if there's anything I would beable to do cud its not fun its pretty scary