Smoking Addiction Community
FYI Chantix

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

FYI Chantix

6 weeks on Chantix . I have not wanted a smoke . But the side effects are bad  . It messes up your head. It worked so far . I stopped taking it yesterday . Today the withdraw is terrible . I'm not sure if I would recomend . Side effects do come and go . But rough feel out of touch . I was told had to quit . So I delt with it . Now I think you went thru all of that,  I'm not doing it again .Now if I could just not get started . And get the cravings back . Wish you all luck  Bill
  • Chantix - when to stop (1 replies):
    I successfully quit smoking after about 35 years using C...[more]
  • chantix (20 replies):
    I started on Chantix today...I only smoke about a half a...[more]
  • CHANTIX (2 replies):
    Anyone use Chantix to stop smoking if so did it help wer...[more]
  • any ideas (12 replies):
    hi i quit smokin after nearly 20 years with a few false ...[more]
  • what is chantix (1 replies):
    hi sorry to be ignorant but what is chantix? i live in n...[more]
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Chantix. I also took it for 6 weeks with little more then an occasional upset stomach. I guess it works differently on us all. I think the important thing for me was that I quit. Quitting in itself was he!! and for that reason alone I will never, ever, ever smoke again : )
Good luck and hope you feel better soon. There is also a great website for support: whyquit.com It supports a cold turkey quit, but you can still read all the great articles.