? on smokeless tobacco
Hello all.I had quit smoking for 8 years but my wife still smokes.When faced with a stressful situation this summer I picked up the cigs again.I havent smoked for 3 weeks now but to satisfy my nic habit have been using Skoal which is a disgusting nasty habit.Ive chewed before but was able to give it up easily.My question is can smokeless tobacco make you cough or is it just my lungs cleaning out? I have had this really bad cough for about 3 weeks now.
First off call your doctor. Chewing tobacco is just as bad as smoking, if not worse. It could be your lungs clearing out, but it could be the juice from the chew getting into your lungs. So call your doctor just to be safe.
Chewing will irritate the esophegus, thereby causing you to cough. It simply attacks different parts of the body is all. Tobacco is bad, period. Call your doctor about the cough. 8 years! Wow! I bet you are kicking yourself. I understand how hard it can be to be around smokers in times of stress. My heart goes out to you!