1 Year of Not Smoking Today!
Hello fellow ex-smokers:

This is my 1st time at this forum. Today I have 1 year of not smoking cigarettes.  Woot whew! I used all the stuff to quit including zyban, patches, chantix and nicotine gum, in that order.  I’m chewing 3-6 pieces of 4 mg nicotine gum per day. I told myself that after 1 year of being smoke free, I would deal with my gum addiction. The plan of course is to wean myself off of the gum.  I thought I would start by cutting the 4 mg in half and see if that works, the problem is I love the gum….  Does anyone here have any good ideas for getting off the darn gum now?  I know there is no EZ way out, but any tips would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Good morning and congrats on your anniversary as a non-smoker!
We have had some recent talk about the gum and maybe you can glean some info from it. Try following this thread:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Smoking-Addiction/Effects-of-Long-Term-Nicorette-Use/show/730769?post_id=post_4517392

I quit with Chantix so I am not personally knowledgeable, but I do know some "gum" users who have been chewing for many years and are having a difficult time trying to stop.
If I could give you any advice, it would be to try to duplicate the flavor with chewing gum and go for it! You may want to read some articles at whyquit.com as you will be dealing with withdrawals.
We are here for you and hopefully we can help you through some of the rough patches.
Good luck to you : )
thanks a bunch!!!
Hi and congrats on your 1yr quit.  What an accomplishment!  Now, we just have to get you off that gum!  

Best of luck to you and we are here if you need us :)

Great job. I know a few people who still chew gum years later after quitting smoking. I used chantix and still take a few pills a week as dirested by my doc and am doing well.
Who would have ever thought you can be addicted to gum?
Yea gum, can you imagine, isn’t it the wackiest thing you ever did hear?