19 weeks and cant quit smoking.
I'm 19 weeks, 25 y/o - and can't seem to quit smoking. My fiance and I live with my parents for the next couple months till we close on a house. My parents, fiance an everyone smokes...in the house. I'm just around it an I can't help but have the urge. Especially when they're all smoking as well. I want to quit, but I just can't seem to do it. I went from a pack a day - before pregnancy. To 5 smokes, maybe half pack a day. Also, I can't stand to smoke the whole cigarette, so I smoke just half because when I do, I gag and think of my baby's health. My doctor doesn't know I smoke either....what have you guys done to quit smoking?...and what can happen to my baby if it takes me too long to quit? -- I think its just the jittery/urge/headache part that gets me.
Hello
I know how u feel. I went through the same thing. Yes its important to quit for the health of your baby but my doctor had told me that quitting smoking while I was pregnant would be more stressful on my baby the me. So she recommended me cutting down as much as possible. I got down to smoking two or three cigarettes a day by time I was 23 weeks pregnant. I just would take a few puffs and put it out for later. My baby came out perfectly healthy. Hope this helps some.
my sister smoked for 20 years! and she quit smoking. She hasnt touched a ciggeratte in 5 years now. She said everytime she felt the urge to smoke she did something to keep herself occupied. Try doing things you enjoy. Go out places if you can. Play a video game. Also when there smoking infront of you try to leave the room or go outside and breath the fresh air and just think about how fresh you want your babies air to be as well.