34 days smoke free
34 days for me. long  road ahead
Hey....congratulations!  34 days is something to brag about.  What helped me when I first quit was to project into the future.  Time goes by so quickly and I would think to myself "in another month I will be 2mos quit" and before I knew it, another month had passed.  Or another day, or week, whatever pace works for you.  If you have to go minute by minute, then so be it.  

When the urge hits, remember why you quit in the first place.  How much better you feel, how much money you've saved and how much longer you will be extending your life.  

And if you need support, then just post and we'll be here!

Best of luck.........
Way to go! Stay strong and keep yourself busy when those urges happen. Today is 4 1/2 months for me and the urges do lessen as times goes on, I promise : ) I smoked for 38 years so I was really hooked. Always remember the way you felt and the reasons for your quit and if you have a weak moment, log onto whyquit.com and that will help you.
You can do it!
Kathy Jo
ever since i stopped smoking been getting tired more dizzy lightheaded. headaches here and there i know it takes  time for things to.go away.
Hi vinny......The tired and lightheaded feeling is normal.  Nicotine is a stimulant so it would stand to reason you would feel this way for a while after quitting.  The headaches too.  Your body isn't used to all that oxygen it's getting now.  It took me several months to feel decent so just hang in there.  

What I notice about your posts is you follow your negative statements with positive ones.  That's tells me you have a good attitude and the strength to stay quit even though you're having a hard time.  Very soon, you will be so happy you quit because the benefits will start to outweigh the negatives.  You wait and see : )

EVERYONE has trouble at first.  Quitting smoking isn't easy.  Harder than kicking herion I've read.  So try to remember how far you've come.  You are on day 35 I think?  You should be so proud of yourself.  I am VERY proud of you.  

I smoked for 33yrs and believe me when I say it's the hardest thing I've ever done.  But I'm so happy I am no longer a slave to cigarettes and quitting has been worth it in more ways than one.

Hang in there now.............
they say it takes 8to12weeks to feel better every persons body is different. ive been  a smoker for 20years  in time i will feel better.