7,8 Or More..
I have been smoking since the age of 13.  I grew up around family that used to have us kids light their cigarettes.  I am 41 now and have been once again debating another attempt to quit.  My boyfriend of 2yrs is an ex smoker of 2-3yrs and is constantly bringing up this subject.  I deal with chronic respiratory issues such as bronchitis and as of late, sinusitis.  Wake up every morning wheezing and coughing up thick nastiness that inevitably turns to infection.  I want to quit but COMPLETELY lack will power.  Once more, my father has had a few small heart attacks, I believe was diagnosed with heart disease and as of 2009 suffered heart attack that should have killed him.   This is absolutely insane that with all that I know, I can't quit!!!!  NRT's I think is a bad idea, replacing nicotine from a cigarette with other methods doesn't rid one of the desire to smoke.    Anyone out there like me?  If so, have you quit and how did you do it?
I'm in a similar situation.  I'm starting. Chantix tomorrow. Nothing else has worked.
I quit cold turkey! Best thing I have ever done.

I tried a lot before i kicked it!  what worked for me was planing the quit date and also doing my research of things I will experience doing my withdrawal.

my biggest problem was insomnia which lasted for 2-3 weeks and then was gone. I get a craving from time to time and it is very short lived (thank god)

Go to www.whyquit.com

that is where I got all my information

I am almost 10 months smoke free and I don't even have the erge to go back!

best of luck

ps cold turkey is the safest way to go!