Smoking Addiction Community
7,8 Or More..

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

7,8 Or More..

I have been smoking since the age of 13.  I grew up around family that used to have us kids light their cigarettes.  I am 41 now and have been once again debating another attempt to quit.  My boyfriend of 2yrs is an ex smoker of 2-3yrs and is constantly bringing up this subject.  I deal with chronic respiratory issues such as bronchitis and as of late, sinusitis.  Wake up every morning wheezing and coughing up thick nastiness that inevitably turns to infection.  I want to quit but COMPLETELY lack will power.  Once more, my father has had a few small heart attacks, I believe was diagnosed with heart disease and as of 2009 suffered heart attack that should have killed him.   This is absolutely insane that with all that I know, I can't quit!!!!  NRT's I think is a bad idea, replacing nicotine from a cigarette with other methods doesn't rid one of the desire to smoke.    Anyone out there like me?  If so, have you quit and how did you do it?
Tags: Smoking
I'm in a similar situation.  I'm starting. Chantix tomorrow. Nothing else has worked.
I quit cold turkey! Best thing I have ever done.

I tried a lot before i kicked it!  what worked for me was planing the quit date and also doing my research of things I will experience doing my withdrawal.

my biggest problem was insomnia which lasted for 2-3 weeks and then was gone. I get a craving from time to time and it is very short lived (thank god)

Go to www.whyquit.com

that is where I got all my information

I am almost 10 months smoke free and I don't even have the erge to go back!

best of luck

ps cold turkey is the safest way to go!