Smoking Addiction Community
After Quitting Problems, Answers Please??????

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Okay so i quit a few months ago after smoking for 2 years. Now i know it isnt long to cause any serious damage but i met up with a friend a few days ago and told her id quit and she told me the problems increase when you quit smoking e.g. the damage and chances of cancer. Now i think its aloud of rubbish but i googled it and some people have said it can and some have said it cant.

Can anyone give me a definite answer because if it does increase problems i may pay a trip to my doctor to see if he can advise any things to prevent it.

Thanks!
thank is not true
you are not increasing lung damage and chances of lung cancer
you are stopping lung damage and decresing chances of lung cancer by quiting smoking.
let nobody tell you otherwise

sandy
quit smoking 10 days ago

You quitting does NOT better the chance of you getting lung cancer.  Continuing would better the chance of you getting lung cancer.  

Not smoking is far, far, far healthier in every meaning of the word than continuing to smoke.  
agree with brice for sure, your stamina getting better also :)