Smoking Addiction Community
Big test tonight

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Big test tonight

So, I am almost 3 weeks smoke free.  Not so much as a single puff on a cigarette.  Tonight we have friends coming over for drinks and cards.  Two are smokers and will be heading out into my backyard for a cigarette from time to time.  It would be unfair of me to ask them not to at all, so this will be a big test for me.  I am well stocked on snacks and things and will be sticking to non alcoholic beverages.  I know I can get through this!!!  
oh man that will be a huge test for you, smoking is so associated with social activities.
I have been 'nearly' smoke free for 6 weeks....(have borrowed the odd one)..and I STILL could NOT trust myself..period around anyone that has cigarettes with them!!!
But thats me, everyone is different right....you have been very strong thus far w/o so much as even a puff, so thats a real good sign that you are really ready to do this and also that you are a very strong person!!
I lack that anymore, I cave much too easily. However I think for you it will be tough when they take that break...but I do think with your convictions you will be able to get thru tonight....it will take all the will power you possess but its is DOABLE...!!!!
have my two big fat fingers crossed for you A....♥
Hi honey, how did your dinner go?  You were strong, I'm sure of it!  Tell me the truth, aren't you glad you don't smell like your friends probably did when they returned from outside?  

And A, I am SO sorry for not being here for you.  I've had huge trouble with this forum and Today's Pulse lighting a cigarette below as I type, I mean, come on!!  

Big congrats on 3 weeks!  Sending supportive hugs! :)
You will know when you are really finished with smoking when it won't bother you to be around those who smoke. At least that is the experience of myself and my husband. We even allow smoking in our home because it doesn't bother us.