Smoking Addiction Community
Chantix Success!

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Chantix Success!

My husband and I both smokers of 20 years have had FANTASTIC results with Chantix.  Today is one week of us being non smokers.  It is by far the easiest way we have ever tried.  We no longer crave to smoke and dont even think of smoking. We have also noticed our sense of smell seems to be working on overload!   I would highly recommend Chantix to anyone considering it! It is worth every penny.
thank you so much for posting , i have heard some great things about chantix, I CT a year ago ,however hubby still smokes i would like to see him try it.
Avis
Also wanted to add that some insurance companies do pay for this medicine... my husbands did.
Thanks so much for the info. I have a rx for it and think I will fill it this week.
I am 5 months smoke free thanks to Chantix. I smoked for 26 years.  I am so happy. I only took Chantix for 12 weeks as thats all my INS would pay. I was scared about coming off them but I am doing great. Not many cravings at all. Good Luck to you..
I have been a smoker for over 30 years and have been on chantix for 3 weeks....I am still smoking but not near what i was.....I know I have to quit....I have copd.....had a ct scan of upper chest last week and the tech asked me afterwards if I had nodules....hmmmmmmm....now did any show up? I just hope that I can soon get off the smokes for good.....should I keep taking the chantix and the craving will eventually leave?
have ou had any side effects from the chantix?
My husband has insomnia and now sleeps like a rock on the chantix... he is also a little gassy.  I noticed that my dreams are really vivid.  but other than that.. nothing.  the overall good of the pill vastly outweighs the minimal side effects.
forgot to add that medicines work  backward on my hubby so Chantix may keep some people up!  
the only side effects i have had from chantix is the insomnia and vivid dreams when i do sleep, which is about 2 hours at the most at a time.....up and down all night and day
I also have quit using Chantix, 4 days smoke-free now.  I highly recommend it.  Some states use their share of the proceeds from the law suites against cigarette companies to fund Chantix and other smoking cessation programs if you don't have insurance.

I had bad nausea on it but only took it before bedtime and cut the dose in half which worked.

Take care
I always make sure I have a full stomach before I take the Chantix so I dont get nauseated.
I have been using Chantix for 2 weeks and haven't touched a cigerrette since.

The cravings are still there but go away pretty quick. Day by day the cravings become less and less.

Only side effects would be the slight but bearable nausea, and gas.

I've also been smoke free for a few months and taking chantix. I still take one pill a day. I have a long family history of tabacco addiction so to be on the safe side, my doc suggests I take it for a longer time. all the best
that's what our doctor suggests me and my husband use too, but we weren't too sure because of the price. but ur one of the many people saying that it's a great success!  thank you for ur post, it's making us rethink our quitting
I hope you can get on the program  and quit too. It was much easier with chantix as it was a gradual stop not just one day I quit. I cut down a little at a time as the chantix started to work and then just stopped. It was no big deal by then. I login at the website every day and it says how many quit days I have and gives me a pep talk and info. all the best.
As of tomorrow it will have been a year since my last cigarette. I always told my wife that they would be pullling my pack out of my cold dead hands (never thought I waould quit). I have to say, the dreams were pretty wild but i would have not quit if it weren't for Chantix.
I too used Chantix to quit and I don't think I could have succeeded any other way. A lot of people have horror stories regarding Chantix and I'm so happy that I quit when I did and that I didn't experience any ill effects except for the occasional vivid dream and stomach aches.
Congratulations and continued success with your quit : )