Chewing tobacco risks
My boyfriend uses chewing tobacco, the kind in pouches. He used to smoke and wanted a "safer" option. We both know it isn't safe, but how harmful is it? What are the chances of devloping oral or other cancer? I would like him to quit but he did some research that said the chances of developing cancer are so slim he doesn't feel it is worth it. I would like to know if this is true and just how unsafe chewing tobacco is. Thank you.
I did a google search and because they won't allow the posting of websites here, I suggest you do the same.
In addition to cancer, stomach ulcers, mouth ulcers, and mouth cancer there are still a list of effects. Some of the common ones are yellow teeth, bad breath and other oral hygiene issues.

Whyquitdotcom is an excellent resource for knowledge on the what's and why's. On the left hand side under the Motivation column is a little something on "smokeless tobacco."

As a long time addict of nicotine, 40 years, I don't think ANY nicotine product is safe and that includes the quit smoking aids (gums and lozenges).
The bottom line is that your boyfriend has got to be the one that wants it.

Good luck!