Smoking Addiction Community
Cravings really bad tonight!!!

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Cravings really bad tonight!!!

this has been the worst thus far, 7 days NO smoking and tonight I'm munching on anything I can find.....Its not the nicotine I crave b/c I am wearing a patch, its the habit...when I sit at the computer all I can think of is smoking. and I NEVER have smoked while at the computer....have not smoked in the house for years...I put my coat on and go out to the {{{cold}}} garage...
but always when I'd do anything at the computer I'd be in and out, in and out for those few puffs....and tonight its really kicking me in the a$$.
breathing...
Just seeing this honey.  I signed off early last night.  How are you feeling this morning?  I know what you mean, the last couple days the anxiety and irritability have kicked in making the cravings a little harder to deal with.  So you answered my question, you go outside too.  In that Canadian weather, that is true dedication to your addiction, Opus. (lol).  

I am finding reading the whyquit site to be a good reminder of all the reasons smoking is no longer an option.  Like me,  I think you are used to the ritual of putting your coat on and going outside.  I've found it helps to actually do that, but instead of a cig, you'll just breathe in the fresh air.  :)

You're doing great Opus, please hang in there!  Lifting you up with positive vibes!  xoxo.
And yes, as Teresa said, life is SO much better without cigarettes.  

Think back 9days to how you felt before you stopped, then hang on to that feeling of drowning in your own phlegm, the endless coughing and the inability to catch your breathe, because that is our future if we pick up again.  

Big Hug, honey...
The constipation factor is coming into play, as well.  I don't know about you, but it makes me feel anxious, shaky and irritable.  I am sure that has a lot to do with the increase in cravings.  

I notice my hands seem to smell like smoke this morning WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE!  lol
aww thanks for all that positive reinforcement, believe me I tell myself that continually, esp last night.....got thru it!!! this morning is better ....so far. I am sleeping better, smelling better....not coughing and NO phlegm, so if those alone aren't enough to keep me on the straight and narrow that I'm just plain stupid aren't I..
I don't actually have to go outside Jade, I have the luxury of an attached garage right off my kitchen....but its not heated, so I'm out of the wind but its still at least -10C in there most of the winter(or worse)....so not pleasant, which is just one more incentive!!
strange your hands smell like smoke......your mind playing tricks on you???
aww the constipation, yeah.....its always a factor with me...now perhaps just worse :(
breath...
Man, I guess about the smell.  Hmm...

Super proud of you for getting thru' last night and no, you're not stupid, this is a very difficult addiction to concur.  It must be like childbirth where you forget all the misery given enough time.  I'll be with you every step Opus, I cannot go back for so many reasons.  I need more than anything to be clear headed this year as changes are coming...I don't know what, but I feel it, so I need to be ready! :)
Congratulations to you all..............addiction is addiction and you guys are getting clean one day at a time............I know that 7 was my hardest day~ moving through that it seemed to get a little better... then I would hit another milestone.Each time i did not smoke i gained some great insight as to what some of my triggers were... My #1 was ~ I rewarded myself with a smoke for a job well done~... I sipped tea instead if my dring of choice ~coffee~......keep up the good work.....
Hey just want to wish you the best off luck as from the 27th Jan ill be off smoking 3 years and thank god I don't look for them. as any crave I got I just had plenty off mint's and anything I could eat just to keep the crave away and it worked but only prob I put on 3stone since then but I don't mind as I was really thin then as I always smoked too much and only eat once every 2 or 3 days as I didn't feel like eating because off smoking but no matter Wat I feel better for it. as I have plenty off time to loose weight if I want too. but for the mean time I'm happy. but anyway good luck again to you and anyone else trying to stop. :)
good for you!!!! wow 3 years, congratulations...I'm still struggling really hard each and everyday...so far managing, constipation is horrid :((
Sorry to hear the constipation is still so bad.  Sigh...same here.  I forgot it takes FOREVER to clear up.  

Glad to see you're hanging in there, though!  Me too! :)

---
3w 8:24 smoke-free, 210 cigs not smoked, $63.00 saved, 17:30 life saved