Smoking Addiction Community
Day 2 - eeeekkkkk

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Day 2 - eeeekkkkk

Ok, so I might post daily for a while.  It seems to help to vent with others who have been there or are also going through this.

Day 2 - the morning was tough, especially with my morning coffee.  Nice thing was, no having to go outside for a cig in - a gazillion...lol.  At work now and I cannot beleive how much more I am getting done without taking regular cigarette breaks.  Everyone at work knows and are supporting me - the smokers are being discreet and staying away a bit to try not to tempt me.  So far so good....I'm going to do this!!  If I stay smoke free until January 2014 (ok, so WHEN I stay smoke free until January 2014), we are going to use the money to take a family trip somewhere warm.  Amazing...what I would spend on cigarettes in a year actually will pay the bulk of a vacation for myself, husband and son.  Wow!!
That's perfectly fine to post daily...or more than daily, lol.  This is a BIG deal!  I use my journal a Lot to get my anxiety out.  Good catch there adgal...not 'if' but 'WHEN'. :)

That's what I like about the whyquit tracker.  Seeing how many cigs not smoked, and the money saved is Very inspirational...and disgusting at the same time when you see the cigs added up all at once.  In a little over 30days, I've already saved $90 (calculated at 10cigs a day; I used to be a pack a day smoker prior to 07 before it became too hard to BREATHE!) and would of smoked 3 HUNDRED cigs!  

Adgal, I don't know if you want to hear this, but that e-cig is really detrimental to your quit because you're not learning new coping methods; still the hand to mouth thing, you know?  I had to go back and reread your OP, and whew, thankfully it's just the vapor kind.  Do you have a plan for when you'll get off that and the patch?  I've been doing this a long time now, and have learned how important it is to have a plan when it comes to these NRT's.  My mom has a friend who's been on the gum for 8 YEARS.  

Big Congrats on day 2!  You are doing it!  Hugs! :)

---
4w 2d 12:49 smoke-free, 303 cigs not smoked, $90.90 saved, 1d 1:15 life saved
congrats to you on your decision adgal......I'm struggling too. Quit Jan 1, slight relapse last week with a few cigerattes just enough to make me remember why I hate the smell, taste and control they have on me...so yesterday on with the patch again. yes WE CAN DO THIS...one day at a time girls.
Just keep thinking of that warm sunny vacation looming for next year, put some photos up on your fridge...and have a good long look at them whenever you have the urge...some positive reinforcement.♥
Welcome back, Opus! :))
How's it going, A??

I'm afraid my post may of offended you.  My world does not involve a darling little boy or a stressful job, so it's easy for me to forget, or not even imagine how difficult quitting smoking must be while coping with an extremely hectic and busy life, so you do what you need to do, okay? :)

Here for you, honey...♥
Oh my gosh, no possible way you offended me.  I just reread what you wrote, and cannot see how anyone would find it offensive.  You have no idea how much I appreciate the support.  I didn't come on yesterday because I just had a really rough one.  I mean really rough one.  3rd day was much harder then the first two.  However, I am proud to say I DIDN"T GIVE IN!!!!  Whooohooooo.  Today has been a bit rough, but not nearly as bad as yesterday.  

I seriously seriously recommend this water vaporizer thingy.  I am using one called NV, and combined with the patch it works better then anything at all I have ever tried.  

Opus, you are soooo right.  WE CAN DO THIS!  And I cannot think of two better ladies to go through this with.  

Thanks ladies, having others to talk to who really get it helps so much! xoxo
where did you buy this from?? I'm very interested in trying one.....before I eat the fridge bare...lol
you know I found the first few days always the hardest than the next 2 weeks much easier than BANG by the 3rd week each time horrible cravings just hit me again....is this typical Jade?
London Drugs.  I tried the disposable NV first, and then bought the actual kit.  It was on sale for 52.00, then you just buy the cartridges which are 4 for $16.00.  Significantly cheaper then smoking.  I tried a couple of different disposable brands in the last few days and like the NV the best.  

I was talking to our addiction counselor at work about cravings.  Yesterday was the hardest day for me and it was 3rd day.  She said that with almost all addictions it's 3, 3, 3.  3rd day, 3rd week and 3rd month.  
we don't have a London Drugs here, small city:( but I found what you are talking abt on amazon. the kit is only $29. is this the same? but I see the replacement cartridges are a pack of 5 or 6 for $50 ish...so thats alot higher....so you are electronically inhaling just air is that it??
will have to think more abt this....maybe a place to use my gift cert....
interesting abt the 3's...
shoot meant to put the link up...

http://www.amazon.ca/Smoke-NV-E-Cigarette-Express-Kit/dp/B008I5THBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359868052&sr=8-1
Hmm..not sure if it would be the same or not.  Mine was more expensive for the starter kit for sure, but way cheaper for a pack of 5 cartridges.

Here is the home page for the one I'm using.  I like it because there is no nicotine or tobacco and it's seemingly harmless.  So, if I use this for a long long time, I'm ok with that...

http://www.smokenvshop.com/faq.html
thx....I read thru it and picked up on the mention of people with serious lung diseases shouldn't be using...I have COPD. so I thought I would research this a little further to see what exactly would harm anyone even with COPD...and I found this site by the FDA...you need to read it hon..scary too.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm173222.htm
I saw that when I was doing my homework on these.  That was 2009 and at that time they weren't legal for sale in Canada.  The original ones did contain nicotine.  In fact, you can get the nicotine containing ones still I believe.  This one is food grade products only and there is absolutely no nicotine or tobacco in it.  I'm comfortable with this one.

I don't want to push this thing on anyone though - not at all.  It works for me, but everyone has to do what works for them.  Don't use anything at all you aren't comfortable with. xoxo
yes I see I should have read this article better these DO contain nicotine, unlike the ones you are using.....I wonder if the vapor is still unsafe for us with COPD or not? will have to keep looking for info on that....hope the day is going smoother for you, holding on here!!!
I pulled out the booklet that came with mine and read through the warnings again.  It did say not for use with those with respitory or lung problems.  It said this is because it is best to avoid inhaling anything with those type medical issues, and that you should talk to your Dr. about it before hand.  It has not been tested with those particular diseases/health challenges.  So if you are interested in giving it a try, I would for sure speak to your Dr. before hand.  

You know what though?  Regardless of how you do this, you CAN do this!!