Smoking Addiction Community
Day 5 and holding strong...
About This Community:

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Day 5 and holding strong...

Day 5 today and am feeling so much better.  Day 3 was the roughest so far, day 4 a little better and today is much much better.  I awoke feeling more energetic then I have in a long time.  I'm far less irritable today and the cravings are less frequent and less intense.  Still there of course, but easier to deal with.

I've adopted the One Day at A Time philosophy, and it works well for me.  Not focusing at all on tomorrow, just promising myself every single day that today I will not smoke. I've also got sticky notes plastered everywhere with the reasons I am not going to smoke.  Great reminders.  It feels so good to be on my way to freedom.  I truly am going to make it, I know I will.  

I think one of the things that is really helping is the support.  My husband has been an absolute rock for me.  Not discussing it unless I want to, but just being there.  He has taken on more of the "parenting" duties the last few days while I went through the worst of the withdrawal and giving me the time I need to do what I need.  I've been going for long walks alone, warm baths and just doing what I need to do.  He is a wonderful wonderful man and I am so lucky to have him.  He hasn't even filed for divorce yet which is amazing considering I have not exactly been my most pleasant the last few days...ha.

The folks I work with are being very supportive as well.  The smokers are steering clear of me so I can avoid the smell on them.  I'm lucky.

I AM GOING TO DO THIS!!!!!
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Are you using any aids to quit? New to the site and looking for advice
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
Hi there!  I am using aids.  I am using the nicotine patch, and the NV e-cigarette.  The e-cigarette is the type that has absolutely no nicotine or tobacco in it (it would be dangerous to use with the patch if it did).  The combination is working really well for me and day by day this is getting easier.

I also have sticky notes everywhere reminding me why I am quitting (health, socially unacceptable, I have a 3 year old, etc.) and have them listed too.  I snack a lot.

It's not easy, but today is day 6 and I can truthfully say I have not had so much as a puff.  I feel very confident I can and will do this.

Good luck to you!!
Blank
Congradulations on Day 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You sound like you are driven and strong, awesome.  Your method sounds interesting.  I am looking into the e-cig and never considered vapor only and use a patch.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
You're doing so well, adgal!  And you've got a great attitude!  

One Day at a Time, yep! :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Smoking Addiction Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank