Smoking Addiction Community
Does Chantix affect fertility?

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Does Chantix affect fertility?

I just got a prescription for Chantix to quit smoking. My husband and I want to have children soon (ideally, get pregnant within a year), but obviously will wait to start trying until I complete the course of Chantix. All of the warnings say to not take Chantix if you are pregnant OR PLAN to become pregnant. Is this just because you should not get pregnant for the duration of taking the medication? Or will using Chantix affect my ability to get pregnant later (even after I complete the process of taking it)?
to be sure ask your doctor, however IMO chantrix won't affect the ability to become pregnant but could affect the development of a baby should you become pregnant.....I would be sure and be off this medication for a few months at least before getting pregnant....just to be safe:))