Does Chantix affect fertility?
I just got a prescription for Chantix to quit smoking. My husband and I want to have children soon (ideally, get pregnant within a year), but obviously will wait to start trying until I complete the course of Chantix. All of the warnings say to not take Chantix if you are pregnant OR PLAN to become pregnant. Is this just because you should not get pregnant for the duration of taking the medication? Or will using Chantix affect my ability to get pregnant later (even after I complete the process of taking it)?
to be sure ask your doctor, however IMO chantrix won't affect the ability to become pregnant but could affect the development of a baby should you become pregnant.....I would be sure and be off this medication for a few months at least before getting pregnant....just to be safe:))