Smoking Addiction Community
Does cardiovascular activity aid....

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Does cardiovascular activity aid....

I would like to know if cardiovascular exercise would help reconstruct damaged lung tissue.  
Does it repair tissue faster (like a rehab scenario?)

How do I improve my air intake? (I know that smoking causes the alveoluses to fuse, however is there a way to reverse this trend?

How do I expel the tar accumulation in my lungs?

I have quit smoking and would like to know if my cardiovascular activity is beneficial, rather than dangerous.
We are not doctors on here, but like you, we are or have quit smoking.
I think you should post your questions to the doctor or even better, go and see your doctor. You need to be assessed according to age, weight and health. Only a physician can answer your questions.
Good luck!
If you need support on your quit, then we are here for you.

Kathy Jo
I know of no mechanism by which cardiovascular exercise can repair lung tissue damaged by smoking. Only time will address the tar already deposited in your lungs.
Exercise is beneficial as a preventive measure for many cancers and heart disease, but whether it is dangerous for you would depend on the results of an assessment by your physician.
The situation is not gloomy, however, and one immediately begins to benefit from improved health in many ways after quitting.