Smoking Addiction Community
Does family get strong health problem by one smoking member?
About This Community:

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does family get strong health problem by one smoking member?

My father is/have been heavy smoker. He is now smoking outdoor or under kitchen hood, but before recent couple of years he smoked indoors always.

He smoked right beside my pregnant mom. (Everyday)
He smoked around me when I was infant.
He smoked in the same room while we watch TV, 12 years old daughter sitting just right beside him.
He smoked all his life indoors, just around us. Never cared whether we inhale the fume or not.

I don't smoke myself, but I inhaled enough smoke already. He's been smoking 1-2packs a day for his life. and we've been living in one storied small sized house for our lives, inhaling his cigarette smell.

All my family members suffer several kind of illness. (except my father...though he recently started having some illness because he is old now, but he was always machine-like healthy)

Except father, all my family members was always ill or sick. All our lives. All the time. Though we don't smoke nor drink nor do any drugs. Even our puppy was always sick.

Can it be because of my father? We lived our early stage of family life in a little packed house so we all inhaled every smoke he exhaled. Like it was our oxygen. Even after we moved to the bigger house, he smoked in the kitchen, in the TV room, in the living room, we couldn't escape from his fume.

I never complained about smell but my mom was really sensitive she still hates his smoking habit.

Can my father's reckless smoking habit could have destroyed all my family member's health?

Because we are always sick or ill. We don't know reason.

351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Yes, both active and passive smoking can be harmful for health. Passive smoking increases your risk of lung cancer, asthma, COPD, heart disease, skin problems, sinusitis, allergies and even affect cognition. If all the family members are falling ill now and again, please discuss this aspect with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Smoking Addiction Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...