Smoking Addiction Community
How Long does it take to clear nicotine from system

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

I will be having a majorsurgery very soon and I am going to get tested. I have since quit smoking for 2 weeks. I would like to know if I get tested for nicotine will it show up in the test.

If anyone has the answer  to my question please help.
Hello!  Nicotine takes 72hrs to clear the system, so you should be safe at 2wks.  Congratulations on quitting and it's very good you did since nicotine will slow the healing process.   If you have any other questions, there is a site called "whyquit.com" that a lot of us here visit and it can answer almost any question you might have.

Very best of luck with your surgery!
Avatar n tn
I have to do a nicotine swab in the mouth  tonight and i am wondering if i am going to past the test if it has been over a month or so since i smokd one?
Avatar n tn
What did you find out?  I'm in the same situation
Why would they test you for nicotine?  This is something I've never head of.
Avatar n tn
My orthopedic surgeon has also tested for nicotine.  She said that it's a blood thinner, and of course, nicotine hinders the healing process.

My surgeon refuses to operate on a smoker... i guess she has the right, if her patient does not go by doctor's orders.
Nicotine is out of your system at 72 hrs after last smoking, with the exception of the hair. It is permanantly in your hair. At 72 hrs after smoking, your lungs are already repairing themselves. Cool huh!
I just found out today that they do test for nicotine my mom has to have a liver transplant and they told her she had to quit smoking and they could test her blood for it so she couldnt cheat that is crazy i would have never thought they could do that.
Not only do some surgeons test for nicotine, some life insurance companies also test for it. Life Insurance for a smoker costs more.
what a coicidence i quit 3 days ago ,,now how long for the i  want a cigarette crave,,thanks  ,,,***@****
i have a surgery coming up jan 12/12 and i have blood work on dec 21/11 and there gonna find out i have been smoking the doc wont do the surgery it is the gastric by-pass so i need some hint to get it out of my system before my blood work  some one told me 4 weeks ty bubbles
i also have to quit smoking due to gastric bypass surgery its been hard but i have to do it. ive done some research on how long and it depends on how long youve been a smoker they say could take up 2 couple wks so im giving myself at least 30 days to be safe
I'm  about to have Gastric bypass as well soon. Although they say it takes a few days to a few weeks to get out your system I have also started doing a detox and trying to drink lots of water and eat oranges for vitamin C. The detox is suppose to clean the blood from toxins. It's Liquid Chlorophyll by Nature's Sunshine. I will find out the results after the test is done. I also just stopped smoking cold turkey. Pray for me! Good luck with stop smoking. I know it's hard and I'm here with you! One day at a time. I want one so bad  but getting this weight off is more important to me right now.
you are doing the right thing, you can pass the test easily. Go on your way, drink more water and you can do not care about the test. Have a good surgery.
To check and review information about how long tobacco need to go out your body in:
http://wikidisease.org/how-long-does-nicotine-stay-in-your-system/
My job does it to decide how much you will pay for health insurance.$42 bucks a month if you don't smoke, $140 bucks per month if you do smoke.
Will think of you as I go through it prior to hip replacement due to displaysiA a birth defect that is very painful  you may want to try a vap without. Ink itinerary .it lets you occupy you hands and smoke-  it could help district you. All the best
Please correct "chaps with no nicotine☃
Please correct "chaps with no nicotine☃
Vaps
Vaps with no nicotine
2 weeks
Is it 2 weeks?
Has anyone failed the nicotine test in under 20 days of nicotine/tobacco cessation??
Nicotine is literally poisonous.  Both the CIA and KGB used it for cold war assassinations.  In high does it can kill you.  If you can stop smoking that would be great for you.  I know people who have used the Ecig just make sure you find one that auto reduces nicotine.  Some people have killed themselves by using too much nicotine in the Ecig.  If you have the willpower just quit.  Chew gum, keep your fingers busy and keep a pack of unopened cigarettes in the freezer or something.  Knowing they are there seems to make it easier for some people to quit.