Smoking Addiction Community
How long till u feel normal after quitting

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

I'm 30 been smoking for 15 years and I'm quitting, its been a week since a cig and i feel ok but still think about them and i was wandering if you have quit how long till you felt like normal again and quit thinkin bout cigs, cuz ive heard some peeps quit for a year then start back so...................I'm quitting cold turkey, no help,
Actually, after a couple of months it gets much easier and the longer time under your belt the easier it is. I am off cold turkey 10 months at the end of this month and I no longer think about smoking. I think about it now and again of course but have no problem walking away. But normal? Uh, Im not sure I know what it is to feel normal as I smoked for 35 years. lol
iv been smoke free for 2weeks cold turkey as well, i feel less cold in the morning as blood circulation is better, but im getting a cough and sinus's hurt (but its just my body kicking out the scum).
Im still tempted to buy some cigs when im in a shop and stare at them when im at the counter when they ask "anything else sir" i stutter with a NO but feel better every time i resist buying them.
As for never thinking of having a ciggie...my dad (who hasnt smoked for 10+years) still says he misses his after dinner cigarette but will never go back to it because of the bad effects it has on your health.

Keep it up, dont smoke , your not alone in the fight to quite and read lots of these posts about the ill effects smoking has(they've helped me lots).
GOOD LUCK