Smoking Addiction Community
Husband smokes all week and tries not to on weekends

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

My husband is a truck driver and smokes about a pack a day all week while gone.  He comes home for the weekends and tries not to smoke at home.  After smoking  a pack a day all week, he is home with horrible moodiness and is making life miserable for my kids and me. If he smokes a pack a day all week, isnt he going through nicotine withdrawl (withdrawal) every weekend that he is home?  We have spent a lot of money on the electric cigarettes but he is back to the regular ones instead.  How do we deal with this?
Hello & Welcome...your husband is definitely in w/d every weekend, lucky you!  There is nothing that YOU can do, your husband must want this for himself.  I can imagine being a truck driver, how hard quitting is for him.  

The bottom line here, is your husband has to do the work; Want to quit, and it doesn't sound like he does.  

For now, let me suggest a site called whyquit.  See if your husband is willing to read the site, it may give him the courage he needs.  

http://whyquit.com/

I wish you the best...