If you quit smoking for 8 weeks and break by puffing a cigarette can you get sick!!!?
Quit smoking 8 weeks ago (actually almost 9) haven't smoked at all. Went out got drunk took a drag. I threw up later on then the next day hang over central, the day after that bad flu still have it. Sore throat turned to nasal congestion now major chest congestion. It's insane. Could this be a "Quitters flu" can you get ill from smoking after stopping?
I dont think you can get ill. never heard of that. i've quit before and sparked up..never got Quitters flu
Jizi was lucky not to get the "quitters flu" but I was sick as a dog for nearly 4 months after my quit! Back to back sinus infections, bronchitis and pleurisy to name a few of my ailments, so yes, I do believe in quitters flu, but hang in there, it does get better : )

A lot of people seem to associate smoking with drinking and that is something you are going to have to address if you want to protect your quit. It is do-able, but you have to stay sober enough to be in control ; )
Good luck and hope you feel better real soon!

Kathy Jo
One drag didn't make you sick, the booze did. Drinking has taken many an ex smoker back. The drink bone's connected to the smoke bone.