Smoking Addiction Community
Is this a side effect of quitting?

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Is this a side effect of quitting?

Hi all. Thanks for any response or advice. I recently have had some bad anxiety issues and health scares, whether rational or not, I have been very anxious. I decided to give up smoking, because I have been for 9 years, and I'm 27 years old, and my hubby and I would like to start a family soon. So it's been roughly 25 hours (yes I'm counting!), since my last cigarette. I do have cravings, though not as bad as I thought it would be, YET.

Anyways, I am nauseous today, and I ended up throwing up once, I somewhat made myself so my stomach would feel better. No nausea other than today, not in the recent past or anything. Was just wondering if this could be related to starting some withdrawls from quitting smoking? Has anyone else had this?
good for you for making this very wise decision before you become pregnant. I can't speak for everyone but for myself I've never experienced nausea a side effect...but it sure can be a sign of the anxiety you suffer...anxiety can increase for you for the first while, take deep breaths...and try to keep yourself as relaxed as possible.
If Jade posts she can give you some good tips in that regard...hang in there wiht us, this is doable, but not easy:))
Stick with it! I quit drinking and smoking 6 days ago.  It has consumed my life for over 30 years.  This is a life that I'm not acustomed to but giving it my all.  I missed my children growing up due to every excuse under the sun to run off and feed my HORRIBLE habits/addictions.  They are now 20, 18 and 14.  The habits/addictions have been handed down in some form to the two older ones.  I'm on their case and the only way is for the pot not to call the kettle black.  Very difficult...I won't lie to you.  But be strong and remember anything you set your mind to you can do.  Wish I understood when I was your age.  I know you could do it!