Smoking Addiction Community
Just took the plunge....day 1 and going to do this!

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

So, I am seriously an idiot...lol.  I have smoked since I was 17 or so, and am 44 now.  I have a 3 year old, and quit when I was pregnant with him, but, like an idiot, went back to it not long after he was born.  I am having an awful time giving it up now.  Today is my 44th birthday, and I decided that this would be my quit day.  I'm trying to look at it as a gift to myself and my family.  I have the patch on and am using a nicotineless vaporizer cigarette.  I'm doing ok.  The cravings of course are awful, and i know the next while is going to be rough, but I am determined!  I refuse to let this addiction control me.  Besides...it's incredibly cold (I live in Western Canada) and I am sick of going outside in -37 to have a cigarette.  Lol.  Nice to meet the other "quitters" and I hope we can support each other through this.
Congratulations on your decision to quit, adgal!  Listen, you're not an idiot by any stretch; I happen to know from your journals, you suffer from anxiety, so this habit is not surprising.  I too, suffer from a myriad of anxiety issues, so understand completely.  

I went cold turkey 29days ago, so...here I am AGAIN...and here for you! :)

Good Luck!
Thanks Jade.  I was so excited to see that you were a regular poster here.  I know I'm in great company.  Wow, 29 days.  Way to go!!  It's tough, but this time I am determined.  I have my whole list of reasons and am carrying it around with me.  Plus, I have a picture of a women who died at 42 of lung cancer.  Sounds morbid, but she did an ad campaign while dying to try to get others to quit.  So, I keep that too.  Sigh...gotta beat this monster. How inspirational though to hear your at a month.  That makes me feel like I can do it too.  Way to go!
Thanks so much, I appreciate your support!  Yes, not a 'top poster' because this is my first time quitting...it's what brought me to MH 5 ½ yrs ago.  Makes me kinda sick to think of the clean time I would have, but that type of thinking is counterproductive; it is what it is, and I can only keep trying!

You might want to add a tracker to your arsenal, adgal. It will give you a sense of accomplishment to fill in that zero every day.  It does me, anyway.  I also have a tracker from the site 'whyquit' which I would recommend reading the articles if you don't know about it already.  

I've gotta say, watching that cigarette being lit on 'Today's Pulse' is getting to me, so we will talk later!  Stay strong!! :)
Oh, here are the trackers.  The first is whyquits, the second one is obvious...

---
4w 1d 20:16 smoke-free, 298 cigs not smoked, $89.40 saved, 1d 0:50 life saved

I'm going to set these up.  Thanks so much Jade, your the best!  And your going to do this!!!