Smoking Addiction Community
Lung Infection

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Lung Infection

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and expecting some insights about my situation. I am 24 years of age and weigh 61 Kg (135 lbs). A few days back I got a chest X-ray done as part of the normal yearly check up and the result said some "Haziness in the right upper zone (lung)". I am a light smoker and have been smoking for over two and a half years though now its been over four days and I haven't had one.. After this I got a Mantoux test done which turned out to be positive and at times when I cough a Green-greyish phelgm comes out. But the docter I have been consulting advised me its too early to say anything because apart from these three things my body is not showing any symptoms like fever, body ache, chills or anything else like loss of appetite , weight evening fevers...so I am damn confused...what do you think I shud do ???  
  • Dirty UA (17 replies):
    Hi all, I had a follow up doctor appointment today for ...[more]
  • Drug Testing (15 replies):
    Can you tell me if there are any specific foods that you...[more]
  • help (7 replies):
    does anyone know if a newborn baby is screened for marij...[more]
  • suboxins (10 replies):
    Does suboxines show up on an opiate drug test ? My son...[more]
  • Positive for opiates (9 replies):
    My son got out of rehab on a 18 day program on thursday ...[more]
I wish I could help you but I will say that there are plenty of TB positive people who do not have active cases. I have 2 friends who had positive mantoux tests and went on a regiment of meds, I think for about 6 months or so and have not tested positive again. The fact that you have a "haziness" on your upper lobe and a positive test should prompt you to ask the doctor and if he says to wait, then unfortunately, that's what you will have to do.

Good luck and sorry I couldn't be of any help
Hey, thanks for the reply. I just met the doc about an hour ago and he advised me that I mmight have a latent TB or TB infection and asked me to get a test done...called Elisa Test for some IGM and IGG...why do you think he has asked for it...he said something related to the immunity system of the body...also he told me the infection that I have has been there for some time and not a recent one ...so immunity system of the body must be good...throw some light ...  
I wish I had the answers but unfortunately, I don't.

Try using google to see what you can come up with but I really would ask the doctor to explain what and why, you are entitled to that.

Good luck!