Need answer right away
i have tried to stop smoking and i am using chantix but i have not been able to sleep for weeks now and when i do get to sleep i have really weird dreams. I have been able to almost stop smoking. But i want to stop taking the medician but i think that you have go off slowly does anyone know  about this?

Kelly
Hi kelly, I don't know about chantix, but I do know about the insomnia and weird dreams.....that's completely normal.  I first stopped smoking last July and didn't sleep for about 3wks so when you're ready to completely stop you can probably expect the insomnia and weird dreams to start again....this was my experience anyway.  My first quit lasted 11wks, then I started smoking a couple cigs a day, but finally stopped 7days ago for good and have had do deal with the insomnia/dreams all over again.  

Good luck hun.....keep trying.....we are all here for you and I.m sure someone with Chantix experience will respond.  

Hi Kelly,
I used Chantix and had an occasional weird dream myself, but nothing to disturbing.
I stopped using Chantix after 6 weeks and I did wean myself by reducing the dosage to one a day for about 4 days, then not at all.
I think that you should call them and I really don't see why you can't quit using the drug. Your resolve comes from you, not from the drug and if you are serious about quitting and staying quit, then you only need to look inside yourself.
A wonderful website to read daily is whyquit.com
We are here for you, so hang in there : )
Kathy Jo
I have been using chantix for almost 2 months and haven't lost any sleep. I stopped taking it when I was in the hospital  and was off it for a week and felt ok except I strated to smoke again. I stared it and now have been smoke free for about 3 weeks. It is easy to come off of except for returning to smoking. This time I will ween off slowly, after a few months more. all the best
I took Chantix and when I stopped smoking for good I quit the Chantix 5 days later c/t.  I am on many meds for RA and wanted to get rid of that one asap.

8 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, 5 minutes smoke-free!