Smoking Addiction Community
Nicorette Gum Quitting

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Nicorette Gum Quitting

Hi everyone.  I chewed the Nicorette 2mg gum for approximately 5 years.  I was on for 3 yrs, quit for 6 months, then relapsed and went back on for 2 years.   I chewed to much and so viciously when i got a new piece of gum in my mouth that my daughter said she could hear me from the second floor (i was in kitchen).  I'd sometimes get ulcers inside my cheek and before quitting i was getting a lot of huge blood blisters.

I have since quit cold turkey for over two weeks now and still feel disoriented.  I was chewing approximately 2 boxes a week.  In the first week, i put on 10 lbs which after two went down 5 lbs.  I'm still up 5 lbs but i have to cut out my sugar and sodium, and start exercising more i suppose.

Has anyone else gone through this or is going thru this?  I truly want off the gum and don't want to be held hostage by this habit any longer.  I've been addicted to nicotine over half my life and enough is enough.

Maria