Smoking Addiction Community
OK To Smoke Occasionally?

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

OK To Smoke Occasionally?

Hello. I don't have an addiction, but I do enjoy smoking. I smoke occasionally, roughly 2-4 smokes a day. Not all the time, mind you, but I was wondering. Will this be a bad thing to do? I know smoking is very bad for your health, but like Alcohol, I do do it in moderation. Will this be an issue for me on the long run? I already am determined that I will stop smoking at the end of my Highschool year this June.

Thanks for the advice.
UnknownFear
I was your age when I thought it would be okay to smoke occasionally. I didn't realize that my intake became more then a few a day and somehow I had become to believe that smoking was an answer to stress, boredom, curbing my appetite and anger as well as other things. Before you know it, you elevate a smoke to the status of "can't live without it" and you find yourself, 40 years from now, struggling to break a "NOW" lifelong addiction!

If you truly plan on quitting and you only smoke a little, then quit now while you can and don't wait for tomorrows.

Good luck!