One Year Anniversary - words of encouragement
I just wanted to celebrate that today is my one year anniversary of quitting smoking.  I MADE IT!

I started smoking at the age of 10, and smoked for 19 years.  At the age of 29 I smoked about a pack of day during the week and more on the weekends.  My husband does not smoke, never has.  I always said that I would quit when I Decided to have a baby.  Well I was pushing 30 and I wanted to quit smoking before I started trying to conceive so I heard of a hypnosis center that offered a free consultation.  I decided that me and my husband would go and see what they had to say.

The program was a seven week program with alternating weeks of hypnosis therapy.  I would then have a copy of the session to listen to twice a day - right before I got out of bed in the morning and right before I went to sleep at night.  The opposite weeks would be coaching sessions, going over any times I had cravings or if I felt I was eating more.  Then that would be worked into the following weeks session.  

I can tell you that I quit 2 days after my first session which was July 17, 2008.  Part of it was the hypnosis and part of it was me just saying now.  Two weeks later I destroyed what was left in pack and never looked back.  I have been smoke free for one full year and I couldn't be happier.  The smell bothers me so much now and I'm very sensitive to the smell of smoke.  I can actually smell someone smoking two cars in front of me with the windows shut!

According to my calculations I have saved over $2,000 and managed to not smoke over 6,900 in the last year.  That's something to be proud of.

I used to love to smoke, but it's not who I am anymore.  It can be done, so don't give up hope!!

Good luck to everyone trying to kick the habit.  It's not easy, and it's a long road, but it CAN be done!
CONGRATS ! ! ! I too used to smoke so I know that monkey you got rid of......
Congrats to you both! No truer words have been spoken Pygmy.......and I too have lost the monkey on my back : )

---
1y 9m 1w 2d 0:18 smoke-free, 14,256 cigs not smoked, $3,421.44 saved, 1m 2w 5d 12:00 life saved