Quitting smoking tip... Caffeine and nicotine.
Hello, I just wanted to give everyone a very valuable tip for quitting smoking... and this is from my own personal experience.

That is avoid caffeine while you are quitting smoking!  

I find that the random cravings go away after 3 days...  BUT if you have coffee... 4, 5, 6 days after, or even 2 weeks after... you will get an intense continuous heavy craving!  I think if people are quitting smoking, they should be advised to avoid caffeine while they are quitting, for about a month!  Otherwise, you will get a craving which will be as intense as the amount of caffeine ingested.

I had 3 cups of coffee.... and i layed there in bed with a craving so intense, it lasted about 3 hours STRAIGHT!  Even water wasn't helping.  

Just a tip for people trying to quit.  Alcohol also makes you crave, so avoid that too while quitting.
I remember those early days and how I couldn't partake in one of my favorite beverages (coffee).
I don't know if there is an actual ingredient(s) in coffee or alcohol that increase the craving, but it's probably more a behavioral thing.
Thanks for reminding us though and good luck : )
I did Ok with the coffee. It was a bit hard the first cup but after that I was OK. I gave up cigs wasn't going to give up my 1 cup of coffee as well.
Everybody is different. Just be aware that in some it is a trigger.

Terry
It can be true that it's harder to maintain quitting early while drinking coffee. I only didn't drink coffee for a few days but now drink it regulary. Acually, I think coffee helps for me to continue nicotine abstinace because it's the only vice I still can have.
Oh yes, you can still drink coffee later on after you quit... but i'm just saying if it's just a few days to a few weeks, it's best to refrain from coffee as it can induce a very strong craving.