Removing Tar
I went through a really bad period of 2-3 years of smoking very heavily, different things like marijuana, some cigarettes, hooka, etc. I am now coughing up tar and needing to clear my throat every few minutes out of the day. Is there any way to suck up, clean out, or remvoe tar in the passage ways of my lungs?

I have already started to eat healthy, exercise, and conduct deep breathing exercises, along with never smoking ever again. I was foolish however I have already been having breathing problems from everything and I am only 24 yrs old.

What can I do to speed this process up? I recall reading an article in one journal about a guy who had a bronchoscopy with a doctor who practiced pro-cancer treatment by using the procedure to look at passages and removing residual in the lung that should be there. Do I request this from my doctor or do I need to find a certain place that practices this? It sounds promising, especially since no one takes proactive lung cancer steps to seriously in the medical field that I can see after visiting several doctors who specialize in pulminologist.
Hi!
You are already doing the right thing by giving up smoking, eating healthy and exercising. What you are going through is probably the withdrawal symptoms of quitting smoking. By this process alone a lot of tar/sot/dust will get removed. There is no need for bronchial lavage to remove the tar. The symptoms will subside over a period of few weeks. You could slowly build up aerobic exercise into your schedule. This will increase the oxygen intake into the lungs and also make them strong. However, if your symptoms persist, please consult a doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
My symptoms have been persistent and I had my last cigarette on dec. I would have thought the symptoms would be gone now to but they haven't. I am going to a second pulminologist to get an opinion because my rheumatologist and heart dr all said I'm healthy in those aspects.  I think there is a lot of tar in my lung that is solid and can't be removed now...