Smokeless Tobacco Safety
I am new to smokeless tobacco products, I was a previous cigarette smoker but quit due to the dangers. I have heard from many people that smokeless tobaccos are much safer and I think I want to try them but I read this article http://www.helpandinformation.com/articles/all-about-cigarettes-and-smokeless-tobaccos.html
and it states that smokeless tobaccos actually are not safe, so now I am confused, what is the general consensus of the forum as to safety?
Smokeless tobacco is not a safer alternative to cigarettes.  Other than the fact that you're not inhaling smoke, all of the chemicals rush straight into your blood stream.... just as with smoking.

Off the top of my head, Ill run off a few of the wonderful things that can happen because of smokeless tobacco.
1.  Oral Cancer
2.  Esophageal Cancer
3.  Stomach Cancer
4.  Tooth loss
5.  Gum disease/erosion
6.  Facial disfigurement because of cancer

I mean, that is a pitiful list but the number of chemicals in that stuff is enough to make me want to quit...  In fact, today was my quit date.  I plan on making this quit for real.  I quit before for a few years, then tripped up.  Quitting is difficult but if I whip it again, I'll not go back.
I was wondering what the heck smokeless tobacco was.  What a nice way of saying, Chew, Snuff, Dip, etc...

Great post, brice1967

relativehelp, you don't even want to go there.  
And besides what brice has shared, it is just plain nasty! If you have quit and are no longer smoking, congratulations and dont allow yourself to relapse. For health reasons...
It is nasty and really socially unacceptable, but I learned ways of hiding it.... just like a true addict.  I trained myself to not spit, so I was either swallowing the "juice" or allowing it to just absorb into my system.  I also learned to keep it in my mouth in a less conspicuous spot..... most folks never questioned.  

A person I work with had no idea, and he chews.....  So relative, just dont do it.