Social/occasinal smoker
My friend is a social smoker-5years now. She feels as tho she can quit anytime. but i wonder: Is she fooling herself?

Whats the best thing to substitute smokin with?
Well, I have certainly known people that could take it or leave it.  However, I am typically suspicious of claims to be able to quit anytime you like.  I said that to myself for a long time, and really did find myself addicted.  I guess I question why anyone not addicted would choose to smoke, especially given all the information around how bad it is for our health.  Still, she will only quit if she chooses to, and all the comments and questions in the world from others really doesn't help - at least it didn't me.  

It is best to not substitute anything at all really.  However, if you need to substitute, different things work for different people.  I am currently using the e cigarette (the one that is just water, not nicotine or tobacco).

Best of luck.