Sucking my thumb works
I used to suck my thumb, stopped at 16 :(  but when I decided to quit smoking I woke up sucking my thumb. Maybe I never stopped, at least in my sleep, but waking up that way reminded me how pleasurable it was so I decided to try it when I got cigarette cravings. It worked!
When people see me I just tell them I'm quitting smoking and most of them understand.
If you ever sucked your thumb, try it. At first it's a bit awkward but after a few days it felt just as comfortable as it did years ago.
Just a suggestion. If it works, don't knock it! :)
Haha to funny! Sorry to laugh , but that just what I needed. Hey if it works it works! I to was a thumb sucker for years. Probaly about the age of 11 my mom put a stop to it! I remember how I would try not to do it, but I could not fall asleep with out doing it. Lol when my husband go's to sleep Im totaly going to try this. Im on chantix and it's not working so well right now. Im glad you found something that works for you, thats the important thing. Thumb sucking is much safer than smoking afterall. Thanks for sharing :)
Did thumb sucking help you with your smoking? It may take some time to, first, get used to it.