Smoking Addiction Community
THE GUM

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

THE GUM

HOW MUCH IS THE GUM?? DOES IT HELP ALOT???HOW MUCH DO YOU GET PER PACK OF THE GUM??..I USED THE PACH WHEN IN THE HOSIPATAL AND IT HELPED ME THINK ABOT IT......THANKS JAMES
Well, James it is time to quit for all and forever, say for yourself from now no cigarettes, save ur lungs and ur life it is never to late to stop smoking! do not cut cigarettes just stop straight away. It is NIcotine gums at boots the strongest ones 4mg of NIcotine for smokers over 20 cigarettes a day -30 Pieces cost 4pounds, that is in London!

Hope to hear how are u doing!
I know a few people and there are threads on this forum about the gum. You should read them......it's not good news as people are just replacing one addiction for another.

I used Chantix which has some controversy attached to it too. For me, it worked like a miracle. After smoking for 38+ years, I took the medication for a month and a half (3 months is suggested) and was successful.
Most people say that cold turkey is the way to go. A wonderful website that supports that method is whyquitdotcom. Read the articles and look through the "motivation" column and that is really all the incentive you will ever need.
Smoking IS the most powerful addiction and it's power of us is not physical, but EMOTIONAL. Once you realize the reasons you smoke, the sooner you will be able to prepare your quit.
Support IS essential and willpower and understanding is what you need to quit. It is do-able.
Good luck!
Kathy Jo

---
1y 3m 2w 2d 15:24 smoke-free, 10,438 cigs not smoked, $2,505.12 saved, 1m 6d 5:50 life saved
I was able to get gum for free through a program they have at my husbands work. Have you called your insurance and asked them if they have a program? Or your human resource department? Walmart has the cheapest gum. I know the 4mg and 2mg are priced differently but I think they are around $30 for 120 pieces? I agree with Kathy Jo though, I know people who have been chewing the gum for years: gave up one addiction for the other. Good luck to you. Keep reaching out to others for support. This is essential for me in my quit.
The gum is expensive, all aids are pricey. I quit cold turkey due to the fact that I figured if I was gonna do it, I may as well not prolong the agony. lol  Actually it was not too bad. Staying quit is the trick.  I have days where I would sell my soul for a smoke! An addiction is an addiction whether it be drugs, alcohol, smoking, pot, food, you name it. Once addicted always addicted. Take one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time. How you do it is unique and what works for you individually. Hint, get something for anxiety ahead of the game from your doctor.
The gum purchased at an online pharmacy is not that expensive compared to cigarettes.
Shop around . Google Online Pharmacy, Nicotine gum, ect. --- I payed $18.99 tax and shipping free for 105 pieces of 4mg. brand name Nicorette gum.
Hey.I heard to ease cravings take a bath with Epsom salt and it pulls some of the nicotine and toxins out of your bloodstream. Hope this helps!